PRESENTER: Kristen Moeller
Friday, May 4, 4:30-5:30
There is as much advice around writing memoirs as there are memoirs - are there one-size-fits-all guidelines? Which do we ignore or heed? Will people care to read it if you are not well-known or famous? In this class, we will answer these questions and more. Whether you've completed or haven't yet begun, we will cover:
- How to structure your story – where to start, begin and end – and keep your reader turning the pages.
- How to decide what to keep and what to let go and how to write about people in your life.
- How to bring your memories to life on the page and translate your challenging times into meaningful prose.
- Find your burning WHY for writing – and why that matters
- AND, most importantly, we’ll discuss the pitfalls of trying ‘get it right’ from the beginning.
Join literary agent, therapist and published author, Kristen Moeller, for a peek behind the scenes at what works (and sells!) in today’s publishing world.